Sunday, August 22, 2021

A Year of Projects 8/52



 **Theres no week 7/52 post as I needed a computer break.


Back for week 8 with…you guessed it: socks!  Needed to take a bit of a computer/social media break last week.  Spent some time updating my resume, and interviewing. My current job is up in the air right now, so I’m trying to prepare for when it ends. 


Stripey socks are almost finished!  I need to Kitchener the toe and weave in ends on sock number 2.  They’ll be finished this evening.  That leaves me with my Bomb Pop socks and Morning Coffee.  Summer Sock Camp ends the 31st.  Im still going to try and finish both, but I’m not sure I’ll get the Morning Coffee socks done.  But I’m fine with that.  I’ve knit more this summer than I have in quite some time.   After that, I’ll be  finishing up the socks I started before camp and moving on to a sweater or two.  Working on my Fall Knitting Goals now.  


   


In addition to my socks this week, I was helping my daughter finish a hat she made for her grandmother.  She has really taken to knitting.  Next up for her is a cape let from the new Harry Potter knitting book.  Ill be teaching her M1L and M1R with this pattern.



That’s all I’ve got this week.  Trying to get some stuff done before we have a “staycation” the end of this week.  I’m looking forward to some extra knitting time :)

11 comments:

  1. Love your stripy socks so much. I wish you well on the job front. I remember all too well the gut clutching fear at various points during my career when staffing cuts put my job at risk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m trying not to stress about it, because that won’t change anything. I’ve got some promising leads, so that helps.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck on the job front. I love all the stripy socks you knit, keeps reminding me to cake up a stripy sock yarn from my stash for my next pair. Hope you find a new role that is a great fit for what you are after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on searching for jobs, that's always so stressful! It's great that your daughter knits too. And the socks look great, stripey socks are always really satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great projects and the yarns are all gorgeous. I love the stripey socks. Your daughter is a good knitter....love that hat! Enjoy your stay cation and good luck on the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrays on the sock finishes. Your daughter did a fine job on the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fan of those wide striped socks - how fun! Good luck with the job interviews and resume edits. Looking for a job is always a stressful task!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects all! The stripped happy socks are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your socks are LOVELY and will make a great edition to your sock drawer!!

    Job hunting is always so stressful, getting out there early is a great idea. Best of luck! I hope it all works out in the best possible way for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One day you MUST post a picture of your sock drawer. I bet it is totally awesome! Hope the job search is successful - good for you for taking a computer break - I do that from time to time from fb, instagram, etc. Very healing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely socks! I hope you're enjoying your staycation! :)

    ReplyDelete

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...