Sunday, September 13, 2020

A Year of Progress Week 10

 And just like that, she missed three weeks.  I feel like time is flying by.  I know it has been three weeks since I've posted, but it doesn't FEEL like it has been three weeks.  Needless to say it's been a bit crazy around here: homeschooling, gardening, chicken tending... oh my!




The good news is, the sweater is done!  (Yes, those ends have been woven in, I just didn't get a chance to take another picture. :)). This was my first colorwork sweater.  It was easier than I thought it would be.  I look forward to making another.  I'm not sure it will be made of wool though.  We'll see how much I get to wear this one down here.



Hubby took vacation the last week in August and we were able to sneak away for a few days.  Due to everything going on, we decided a few days camping would be the best fit for our family.  I was able to rent a cabin at a Yogi Bear Campground and we went mid-week.  It was wonderful!  Not too many people, sign ups were required for the pool, and all activities were respectful of social distancing.  It was nice to spend some time outdoors and get the chance to relax.







While camping I started a stocking for myself.  I made one for my husband and daughter years ago. Now that we've got an actual mantle I figured it was a good time to complete the set.  It is almost done. I should be able to finish it up this week.  I have no idea what is next.  Looking forward to spending some time on Ravelry to figure it out.  Top ideas right now are the Six day Kid Blanket or a cardigan.  Time will tell...




15 comments:

  1. love your sweater: and wow, some view you had from the camping site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really was a beautiful campground.

      Delete
  2. Your sweater turned out great. I hope you get to wear it often. The camping trip sounds like it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm still trying to figure out NC weather. Hopefully it'll be chilly enough during the winter. Last year we didn't have too many cold days.

      Delete
  3. Your sweater looks great, well done. Glad you had such a lovely time on your camping trip. Now I'm curious what your next project is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! lol. I'm still going through my queque on Ravelry. I have narrowed it down, but need to see if I can locate the yarn for my top choice.

      Delete
  4. Look like a great wind down of summer!
    I've been feeling the urge to make all the sweaters, since its finally not hades hot here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great way to end our summer. This has been such a crazy year. We all needed a little getaway.

      Delete
  5. Confession - I still have two stockings on needles because I don't really have anyone to give them to. Turns out my kids already had couple coordinated stockings. Oh well. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a bunch for other people, decided it's my turn now! We have coordinated stockings at my parents (my siblings and I) my daughter was so upset that hers didn't match. We explained that they were 25+ years old. Now she's got her own "special" stocking at grandma and grandpa's.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your completed jumper, it looks great and hope it gets some use when it finally cools where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweater looks great - and yay for you to have a stocking to hang too! Your holiday sounds and looks wonderful. We are hoping to get away in our camper within the month. Sigh...I miss swimming and that pool looks soooooo inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pool was great! We actually had it to ourselves for a few hours. We would choose the early time slot since were all up anyway. Most people didn't get there until 10 or 11.

      Delete
  8. Your camping trip sounds perfect as is the sweater - well done!

    ReplyDelete

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...