Sunday, July 11, 2021

A Year of Projects: Week 2/52



 Mostly socks, with a penguin thrown in. 

The bomb pop socks have received the most attention this week. It was a crazy week and plain vanilla is what has been needed.  I am loving how the yarn is working up on this one. I’m at the gusset and hoping to finish this one this week.


I was able to get a bit of quiet time before everyone was up one morning. I took advantage of that and worked on my Morning Coffee Socks. I’ve recently discovered the Crazy Sock Lady’s patterns and love them. They are so easy to follow. I’m making this one with yarn from The Mermaid 
Yarn Company. It’s a sparkle yarn, I’m enjoying how it gives a little pop to the pattern. 


We had a crafting day this week due to a lot of rain from Tropical Storm Elsa. My daughter wanted to do some needlefelting.  I was able to finish a penguin. 



Today is the first day of Sock Shark Week. Found some blue yarn and cast on my cuff during the cast on party. The challenge is to knit a sock in a week. We’ll see how that goes. 







15 comments:

  1. Someday I may try felting. I did give a kit to me daughter-in-law. Looks like lots of fun socks in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your socks and the penguin is gorgeous 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My daughter and I are gathering quite the collection of felted animals.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! My daughter and I are gathering quite the collection of felted animals.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! My daughter and I are gathering quite the collection of felted animals.

      Delete
  3. Oh I hope you can do a sock in a week. You would be my hero if you can. I can do a shorty in a week but not a calf length one. That penguin is adorable. The morning coffee socks look nice with the contrast cuff. Your plain vanilla socks are pretty. Love the colors in it. I had never heard of shark sock week. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m trying! This was the first I’ve heard of Shark Sock Week as well. The host has it broken down by days, so I’m hoping to keep up! It’s definitely a challenge.

      Delete
    2. I’m trying! This was the first I’ve heard of Shark Sock Week as well. The host has it broken down by days, so I’m hoping to keep up! It’s definitely a challenge.

      Delete
  4. That’s a very cute penguin. I have a kit somewhere I should dig out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a great project for a rainy day.

      Delete
  5. Look at all those LOVELY socks!!
    I've never tried needle felting... mostly because I'm convinced I'll accidentally stab myself and draw blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so afraid of that when my daughter wanted to start needle felting. They do make finger protectors. I started her with them. For myself I just make sure to pay attention to what I’m doing. I’ve only gotten myself once or twice.

      Delete
  6. Your penguin 🐧 is very cute. I find needle felting quite relaxing stabbing away. I haven’t tried one of her sock patterns yet but did used to watch her YouTube videos, good luck with your aim of Finishing your shark socks in a week, perhaps you are already on the 2nd as I’m late posting,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to go look up sock shark week right now. I feel so out of the loop! lol

    ReplyDelete

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...