Sunday, July 18, 2021

Week 3: A Year of Projects

 Mission accomplished! 

I did it! A sock and a half in a week. I’ve been participating in #sockweek2021. The challenge is to knit or crochet a sock during Shark Week. I cast on Sunday morning and was able to bind of Thursday evening. Friday morning I cast on the second sock. I have until midnight tonight to finish it, but I’m happy completing the one. It’s the fastest I’ve ever knit a sock. But, I didn’t work on anything else this week, lol. 



Details on the yarn are limited. It was purchased at Rhinebeck many years ago.  It’s Socks That Rock, in an unknown color way as I lost the label. The socks were Knit on size 1 needles, magic loop cuff down.  I followed Crazy Sock Lady’s plain vanilla pattern.   

There has been no other progress on projects this week. But I did receive my Shark week pen order. So here are some fun pens to look at. :)




10 comments:

  1. I have a love hate relationship with sock making. I start then stop, but I love wearing handknit socks! Insane, I know ... LOL!

    The pair you're working on looks lovely. Aces for finishing the first one so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making one sock in such a short time. Your second sock may not be totally completed by midnight tonight, but it will be done quickly. Your pens from shark week are so cute. Love the fins on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You zoomed through that pair - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your socks look great. Perfect with jeans. Congrats on getting them knit so speedily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great speed on getting your socks knitted. I like the colors in that yarn. And those shark pens are fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work on the socks, they look great. And pens and ink too - is that Noodler’s?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. Not sure what shark week is, but I love the pens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first I didn't notice the fins on your pens! SO cute!!
    Your socks look great! Way to go!!!
    Size 1 socks intimidate me. I am doing some on 1.5 and usually do 2 (for speed sake not longevity).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that was some fast sock knitting! I love the pens, so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, look at you go! I love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...