Sunday, July 12, 2020

Year of Projects: Week 2


It has been a productive week.  Maybe not so much on the knitting front, but we're getting things done and starting to settle into our new house/routines. The week's biggest project has been getting the floor down in Babygirl's bedroom.  This morning we moved her stuff from her temporary bedroom into her room.  She is thrilled!




This week I spent some time getting yarn and fiber out of space bags.  All the space bags have been emptied and the fiber has been sorted and placed into bins.  I'll start photographing and uploading to Ravelry in the next few days.

Knitting wise I have added a few rows to Humulus.   I'm on the sleeve so it's good T.V. knitting.


I've joined the MarlyBird Sock Knit Along on Facebook.  Started it yesterday, so right now I've got a toe.  My sock yarn and winder are not currently accessible, so I visited the local craft store.  Choices were limited at Hobby Lobby, so I ended up with a new to me yarn.  It's supersoft, but splits easily, so we'll see how this turns out. 



Finished a few scrubbies for the kitchen and a baby washcloth to end the week.




That's it for this week.  Looking forward to spending some time reading other Year Of Projects posts this evening to see what everyone has accomplished this week.



   

16 comments:

  1. You are certainly making headway, unpacking and setting up. I've not shopped hobby lobby much but that yarn is pretty, I hope it works up well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hobby Lobby is fairly new to me. We didn't have any local in NY, so I would only go when we were travelling. They have some really nice stuff.

      Delete
  2. It is satisfying and so much easier to browse patterns once your yarn is all logged in Ravelry, so that is time well spent and now it's all in boxes you can record which box things are in, it's a handy feature. That sock yarn isn't one I've seen before, it looks lovely and I am interested to see how it knits up with the colour spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I need my yarn updated in Ravelry. I'm so tired of trying to figure out where the yarn is and if I have enough to make a certain pattern. I figure a little time now will save me a lot later.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you've been very busy. I am really interested in watching your progress on the sock making. I've never knit a pair and I'm curious how it goes following Marly Bird. I hope you have a good week, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have knit socks before, but it's been a while. Plus, I felt like following along with the Sock KALwould force me to take some time to sit and knit. I really like the way Marly Bird makes her videos. The first part was great!

      Delete
  4. Laying down the floor sounds like a ton of work. BTW I like the blue walls. Sounds like you are getting settled in nicely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of work! We put it in both bedrooms, the office will be done at a later date. Thank you, my daughter chose the blue for her room.

      Delete
  5. I am impressed with people that lay their own floors. Looks great! I bet by the time you read this you will have much more than a toe on that sock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the credit goes to my husband and brother in law. I've done it before without a problem, but this one was tough. It was different than the previous floor we put down. I didn't last too long.

      Delete
  6. Hey, your toe and scrubbies look great. Very impressive given how busy you've been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait until the house stuff is done and I can find a routine that involves knitting and crocheting :).

      Delete
  7. that sock yarn looks lovely! A pitty it splits. I find that I avoid reknitting with splitty yarn for socks because they end up taking me ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has gotten a little better. Still a slow process, but getting there.

      Delete
  8. wow, your new floor is stunning!
    And kudos for managing to do some crafting while moving home, that IS impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it! The crafting is necessary for downtime at this point.

      Delete

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...