Sunday, July 5, 2020

Year of Projects: Year 10

New year, new start.  This rings true in so many ways!  We closed on our house a month ago and moved in about a week and a half ago.  There are boxes ALL over!  One of my projects as I unpack is to organize and update my stash in Ravelry.  We left New York last August and I got rid of a lot of yarn, so I need to update that.  At this point I'm not 100% sure what I have, it will be nice to see it all as it has been in storage for a while.

Crafting time has been pretty nonexistent lately as I have been busy packing.  I plan on changing that ASAP.  

I've set just a few goals for the first quarter:
1. Get the stash organized and uploaded to Ravelry.
2. Finish spinning current roving.
3. Knit a pair of Socks. (I'm going to check out the MarlyBird KAL)
4. Finish Humulus.
5. Find accent yarn and start Asheville.
6. Continue to work on Xandra, this one will be slow going.  I need to focus on this pattern, it is a challenge for me.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house closing. That is such a stressful time. Your first quarter list is very nice and you have some great items on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it has been a stressful time. I hope you find some time for yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the move, and how exciting to reconnect with your yarn stash as it comes out of storage. I’ve added Asheville to my library for a future year. It may be a good one for some homespun. Nice to have another spinner amongst our group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I feel your -boxes-all-over-the-place pain! But, the worst is now behind you! And if you take it easy with yourself with stash cataloguing, it can actually become a quite calming and pleasurable experience... Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! A new home! I love fresh starts! You are so smart to put your stash in Ravelry. I need to do that. Your projects are all very nice. I can't wait until you unearth them all! Have a fun week! Where did you move from and to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed that you're unpacking and recording stash at the same time. I did enjoying creating my stash record on Ravelry and now it's a great resource. I know exactly what I have, determine if I have enough for a particular project, and can put my fingers on it quickly. Welcome back to YOPing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your move. I hope that you enjoy getting back into crafting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unboxing can be so much fun and full of surprises. Xandra looks like a great project, can't wait to see your version. Happy yopping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moving is stressful but I like your positive attitude that it will give you a chance to revisit and catalogue your stash. Nice to have you aboard and look forward to seeing your new craft space unpacked and raring to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new house! It looks like a great list of projects and I like the idea to break it up into quarters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to another North Carolina Crafter. We normally have some really great events in the state, but so many have already been canceled but there is always next year and lots of really great yarn stores all over to visit.
    What a great idea to sort and catalog as you unpack. I should have done that years ago myself. I'm looking forward to hearing about your projects and adventures here in the state.

    ReplyDelete

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...