Thursday, March 19, 2020

Day 4 Homeschool at Home Resources

Sorry we checked out for Day 3.  We took a mental health day.  Sleep has never come easy for the two of us.  Tuesday night was rough, so yesterday was a very low key day.  Gigi did her normal curriculum, then pretty much just chilled for the day.  Books were read, pictures were drawn, Adventure Academy was played, and ukulele was practiced. I even got in some knitting time :) It was perfect!  

Today, I've got the options laid out for G and we shall see what she chooses.  Side note, while core subjects are non-negotiable there is a lot of leeway in how they get done in our house.  Some weeks we do social studies and science everyday.  Some weeks we do two days of science and two days of social studies.  Some weeks we are so into the lesson/subject we do all of the subject in one day.  Therefore, our length of "school day" varies.  We spend anywhere from two and a half to three hours on our core subjects (reading, writing, math, phonics, science, social studies, spanish, ukulele, art).

We attend two co-ops weekly, and usually one additional class or program a week.  All of that is on hold which is why I am providing additional activities.  I'm trying to fill that time.  Too much downtime leads to too much thinking/worrying time.  We are trying to avoid that right now.

Here's what I know we will be doing:

First up, a webchat with friends to do an art project.  I'm super excited for this one!  

Adventure Academy - Gigi is absolutely loving this one.  I want to poke around the site a little more, but I'm pretty sure we will be looking into a subscription for this one.

4pm Live Uke class.  Gigi is really enjoying this class.  I'm happy she's getting some instruction, because I am clueless about the ukulele.  She just started taking classes this year in one of our co-ops.

These are some things I've got for G to pick from, should she need suggestions:

1pm McHarper Manor Chalk Pastel Galaxy

Betty White's reading of Harry The Dirty Dog.

Baking: Homemade Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptarts has been on our list of recipes to try for a while.  Tonight we are having soup and salad for dinner.  G has picked this recipe to try: Baked Potato Soup.  

Since G is still sleeping, I'm thinking today will be another pretty low key day.  I'm looking forward to it!

Stay safe and healthy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...