Monday, July 20, 2020

Year of Projects: Week 3



It has been a productive week. Definitely not so much on the knit/crochet front, but that's o.k. 

I missed posting yesterday because I was canning all day.  The farmer called on Saturday and said she had a box of tomatoes and cucumbers available.  The rest of Saturday was spent trying to gather some last minute supplies.  It seems with the stay at home orders more people are canning.  We had to go to a few stores to get most of what we needed.  There has been a run on the salsa mix I'm looking for.  A friend recommended freezing the tomatoes as I continue to look for the mix.  So I'm going to try that. 



Yesterday I was able to can kosher dill pickles, relish, zesty salsa, and tomato sauce. Tomorrow I will do one last batch of pickles (bread and butter).



This week our living room furniture arrived!  Yay! I also finished our TV stand.  



Buying a house during a pandemic has definitely been challenging.  Our area was under stay at home orders for quite some time.  Much shopping was done online.  Even now, our numbers are high,  we are still practicing social distancing and only going out when necessary.  There are some things that are really hard to buy online or with curbside pickup. 

When we first moved down here I noticed an unfinished furniture store.  It was a great find!  I've found furniture for the house and projects to keep me busy, lol.  Coming soon is a matching end table...

Now for the knitting:  I've made some progress on the sock.  Still on Clue 1 (the foot), but it's growing.  


I've also added a bit to the sleeve of Humulus.  But that's been about it.  I'm hoping for a bit more of a crafting/house project balance next week.  But in all honesty, there's so much to do, I'm just happy things are getting done!






9 comments:

  1. All of that pickling looks fabulous! It's been hard enough sourcing everything through lockdown anyway without throwing a new house into the mix! Hat's off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The humulus sweater is on my someday list. And all that canning - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One week into our lockdown in March, all the shops ran out of flour. And by "all", I mean all, that is, all the 20+ shops around. Apparently, Germans tend to start bread baking when forced to stay at home. The TV stand looks great, and your Humulus is just plain gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yarn you've chosen for your sock!
    And the picking/canning is so cool - I love bread and butter pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping today I looked for some quartsized canning jars. Wide-mouth quart jars were not to be find. Fortunately, I don't need them for canning, but was wanting to replenish my supply for other purposes. Your jars filled with delicious eats look wonderful. And your Humulus is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, we have only had one ripe tomato so far. I don't think we will ever have enough to need to preserve them unfortunately. Your Humulus is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow congrats on the canning. It's on my list of to do's this year too. Your pickles look great and I second the freezing, it makes the skin come right off as they thaw so it's an added bonus.
    Everything has been difficult during this pandemic so I am very impressed with your buying a house, moving and still being able to get things accomplished. Quite a feat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did quite a bit of canning. Hopefully it will hold you for a while too. That is a lot of pickles. I love bread and butter pickles. Since I am the only one that eats them, they last a long time in my house. Dills seem to disappear quickly though. The yarn you are using for the sock is very pretty. Buying and moving during the pandemic must have been a real challenge. Congrats on having nerves of steel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We moved this year during the pandemic as well. It was weird. Your Humulus is looking lovely. I've been eyeing that design for a while.

    ReplyDelete

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...