Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Week 4: Year of Projects Update

Late again...

Next week's goal is to get my post up on Sunday!  Again, there has been a bit of knit/crochet progress, but the biggest projects have been house related.

This post didn't get up on Sunday because we were cleaning out the chicken coop and securing it for some chicks.  What we've done is a temporary fix, but will allow us to bring my daughter's two favorite chickens home. (My brother has been fostering them for us.) It also allowed us to add these girls to the family.



This week I was able to connect with my crochet club in Ct. via Zoom.  It was wonderful to see everyone!  I'm hoping to be able to connect with them on a regular basis going forward.  During the chat I was able to work on Humulus.  I'm almost done with the sleeve. Hopefully, I will be able to finish that this week.



The sock was not touched.  I think it may be a bit big, so it's been sitting in time out.  I need to try it on and make a decision on continuing or frogging  and starting over.  

On the crochet front a purple washcloth was added to the pile for a friend's baby.  



Next update should contain some spinning.  A friend mentioned there will be a Tour de Fleece Part II.  I'm thinking of joining her for that, which means I need to clear the bobbins.  It has been a year since I've used my wheel.  Unfortunately there really wasn't room to use it in our apartment. I’m looking forward to getting back to spinning. 


8 comments:

  1. The chicks are adorable ♥ And Humulus is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just noticing that the bottom design on the yoke of Humulus look like hot air balloons. Is that intentional, I wonder? Fitting for a sweater of that name. And very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becki just spotted something I've not noticed in the many Humulus I've seen being made. It looks great. If it helps I usually start drafting my post on Friday or Saturday and leave it in drafts until Sunday morning. Cute chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicks are so cute. And Humulus ... just wow. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Tour de Fleece part two - how exciting to get to do it all again barely a month later so empty those bobbins! Those chicks are sooooo sweet. Your humulus sweater is amazing and I agree about the hot air balloon visual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you in Connecticut? I'm up in Harwinton.....we had a chicken taken today or yesterday, we are not sure by what...we let them free range....and a hawk tried to take another one today....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that is a good enough excuse! The chicks are adorable and the projects look good too!

    ReplyDelete

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...