Sunday, August 2, 2020

Week 5: Year of Projects

It’s been another productive week. And I’ve got a post up on Sunday!  

A friend asked if I wanted to participate in Tour de Fleece Part 2.  I immediately answered yes as it’s been almost a year since I’ve touched my spinning wheel. (The apartment we were in didn’t really have a good setup for spinning or leaving the wheel out.)  I pulled the wheel out this week so I can clear the bobbins. I had two color ways in progress so I wanted to finish them up first. Here are the results:  


Both are from when I was in the Into the Whirled fiber of the month club. The plan is to ply them both this week. But that requires a bit of study. It seems I have completely forgotten how to chain ply. If anyone has a recommendation for a good tutorial, please send it my way. 

I was able to finish the yarn below. It was my first go with chain plying. I am happy with what I did last year. What I did last night is best summed up as a hot mess!  Hence the need for a tutorial. 


Last up this week is my sweater. One sleeve complete!  The goal is to get the other sleeve done within the next two weeks. I really want to start a new project, but have promised myself I won’t do that until I finish the sweater. Hopefully that will be a little incentives be to get it done! 



8 comments:

  1. You are so close to having your sweater done, you will be casting on the next project before you know it. Your two bobbins are gorgeous, but I'm afraid I am no use when it comes to spinning - I'm sure someone else will have an idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like I've been working on this sweater forever. I need the excitement of a new project :)

      Delete
  2. that sweater is tantalisingly close to being an FO, yay! But those bobbins, ah, those bobbins of handspun look gorgeous, great week you've had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Into the whirled comes up with some great color combinations. I love her colorways.

      Delete
  3. So close! It's going to be a beauty of a sweater when complete! Keep hanging onto that thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I got some lovely yarn from Into the Whirled during virtual Maryland Sheep and Wool.

    ReplyDelete

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...