Sunday, August 8, 2021

A Year of Projects 6/52

 This summer is flying by!  In the beginning of the summer we were super excited for a family vacation.  So I get why it was going so fast.  Unfortunately, due to increasing COVID numbers, we’ve had to cancel the vacation.  We are sad, and angry. The whole family has not been together since Christmas 2019.  Thankfully, we have all been able to see each other at different times, but it sucks not being able to have everyone together.  But, in order to stay safe, this is how it needs to be.  I hope these numbers go down quickly! Knitting has been a great stress reliever at this time.  My daughter has even started knitting again and has been finishing some projects up.  


This week I was able to finish my Socks that Rock socks. I did this as part of Knitty Natty’s second sock week knit along.


I’ve also worked on all the others :). I have two sections left on my stripey socks.  I hope to finish them this week.  I need to pull out my instructions for the afterthought heel. 


 My Bomb Pop Sock needs to come off the 9 inch needles so I can do the toe.  


I was even to get some time in with my Morning Coffee Socks.  My knit group had a Zoom meeting on Friday and I worked on them during it.  It was so nice to get to spend some time with friends knitting. Sock Camp wraps up August 31st, so I need to start thinking about what’s next on the knit/crochet list. Can’t wait to take a look around this week to see what everyone is up to while I work on my list!




12 comments:

  1. I share your frustration. We had to cancel my stepdaughter’s baby shower last weekend. I currently have plans to see my brother and father in a few weeks at a restaurant/brewery. I’m hoping it won’t be crowded in the late afternoon and we all have been vaccinated with no small children that we can expose. Loving your socks and have fun planning the next project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the baby shower. It’s super frustrating that we are back in a place where the numbers are so high.

      Delete
  2. These are great projects. I love the Bomb Pop socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you had to cancel family plans again. So frustrating. Your sock knitting is moving right along. Love the stripey socks. So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely frustrating, especially being so far away. Thanks, I’m loving the colors on the stripey socks.

      Delete
  4. So sorry you had to cancel your vacation. I was fortunate to be able to have my family here for 2 weeks and I live in a "hotspot". We were all vaccinated except for the little guy who's too young. I'm glad you have your knitting. Your socks and yarns are adorable. You must have tiny feet! They are so cute. I have huge feet! I'm 5'2" but my feet are a size 9 1/2 to 10. I think I would be a lot taller if my feet hadn't been so big! LOL! Enjoy your week and all your pretty socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely socks!!

    I'm sorry about having to cancel your vacation, pragmatic choices are not always fun choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your cancelled plans! Here's hoping this current spike/surge will pass quickly! Glad you were able to at least have a zoom knitting group meeting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about your plans, but hopefully soon you will be able to meet without fear. All of your socks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...