Sunday, October 17, 2021

A Year of Projects Post

 It has been a good knitting week.

I fell behind on my mystery gnome due to having to sew the I cord.  Finally sat down this week and sewed and stuffed the hat.  Now I can move onto the body.





We took a ride to the mountains yesterday hoping to see some changing leaves.  There wasn’t too much color where we went, but we visited some cool places.  I’ll be blogging about them soon.  Took my morning coffee socks.  I think I’m ready for the foot decrease, too hard to try on in the car so I’ll check that today. *Hopefully* I can finish them this week. I said that last week but got sidetracked by other projects.  So we’ll see. 



I was able to finish the leg and start the heel flap of my moms sock, so there was some good progress made there. It’s a plain vanilla sock pattern by Crazy Sock Lady.



Skeined and rinsed the yarn I spun.  It’s still wet, so final pictures will have to wait.  But here it is on the Knitty Knoddy. 



Finally I’ve pulled my Weekender Sweater out of hibernation.  Now that most of the socks are done it’s time to get back to this.



That’s it for knitting, but I did some project planning this weekend.  About two years ago I won some beautiful yarn and a shawl pattern from a LYS.  I started the pattern right away, got about 15 rows in and it’s been sitting ever since.  Love the yarn and the shawl pattern is beautiful, but it’s just not the right pattern for me right now.  So I frogged it and started playing around.  I’m thinking of making a Find Your Fade Shawl.  Anyone want to weigh in on the options below?

  

6 comments:

  1. Definitely like the pop of color the yellow brings. Looks like you have some great projects to rotate through. Loving your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Maureen....the top one with the pop of yellow would really speak out. How fun to pull out hibernating projects and get them going again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not really a fan of yellow but would actually agree with Maureen and Marsha and think the yellow one would pop, but purple is my favourite colour so if it were me I’d do the other option. I’m sure it will be lovely whichever you choose. Seems a good time of year to restart your sweater project, so hope you fall back in love with that. We call that tool a niddy noddy here, I always find it interesting to see the differences in UK/US language.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting lots done! My favorite color is yellow so I would have to go with your first choice of yarns. If I was a shawl person I would make that shawl as it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the top group of colours with the red and yellow added in. A find your fade would be great. I really like the colours you chose for your gnome. I was a bit daunted by the sewing of the icord too, but it wasn't as bad in the end as I imagined it would be. Looking forward to seeing yours finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gnome is coming along a treat. I would pick the second group of yarn, but I am not a bright colour person unless it is pink!

    ReplyDelete

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...