Monday, March 16, 2020

Day 1 of Homeschool from Home

Sounds funny, I know.  But here's the reality: since we've started to homeschool we spend more time on the go than ever before.  Now that our classes and activities are not an option this momma needs to supplement what we normally do.  

Here are some resources I've used this morning.  As we explore them I will share our thoughts.

1. Adventure Academy

I've signed up for a free account using free code School7771.  I am looking forward to exploring this site with Gigi.  I have heard good things about it in the past, but I normally prefer to limit screen time.  

2. Ed Helper

Edhelper has put together weekly printable books by grade.  My girl loves doing puzzles and worksheets so I chose a few that I thought were appropriate for our needs.  The sheets fit right in with our St. Patrick's Day theme!

3. Online classes we will be taking advantage of today:

1pm McHarper Manor Online Art Class

3pm Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari  

4pm Live ukulele class

These are in addition to our regular homeschool work.  I will check in later with some additional activities we are doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Year of Projects: A Quick Update

 It’s another week of where did the time go???  I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking 30 minutes to knit each morning.  That needs to chang...